Monday, March 16, 2009

Top 5 Ben Moments on LOST

I'm back! I know I really should not say that. My blog is more of whenever I get around to it then I would like, but I have been sitting on this topic for a couple of weeks now. Ben Linus, on of the villains on the tv show LOST, has done many evil and devious things on his time on the show. He is an evil, sadistic, and highly manipulative bastard and we love him for it. Here is a list of the Top 5 Ben Moments on LOST.

#5 Episode 216 "The Whole Truth" - In one of Michael Emmerson's first chances to shine and bring this character to life, he begins to play Locke and Jack against each other when talking about drawing up a map for Ana Lucia. He calmly begins eating his cereal while absentmindedly discussing how he would set a trap if he was on of the bad guys. " I guess it's a good thing I'm not one of them, huh? You guys got any milk?" Classic Ben.

#4 Episode 409 "The Shape of Things To Come" - It's really hard to pick out my favorite moments. He just has so many good ones. Season Three and Four really set the bar high. Here in Season 4 we see that Charles Widmore has sent armed mercenaries to the Island to kill Ben and everyone in their way. When Alex, Ben's adopted daughter, is captured and held at gun point, Ben calls Kearny's bluff and tells him to shoot her. Kearny does. Ben's simple response "He changed the rules." It was a shocking moment, and led to even further violence from this evil man. And this episode alone carried at least 3 moments in Ben history that could have made the list.

#3 Episode 402 "Confirmed Dead" - This moment was further proof that even when we think the heroes of the show, the 815 survivors, catch up to Ben and have him pinned down he proves that he is always two steps ahead. At the end of the episode Ben recites Charlottes name and background to those around him completely unexpectdedly. When John Locke asks him how he knows who she is, Ben responds "Because I have a man on their boat." It was a great WHAT?! moment from LOST.

#2 Episode 322 "Through the Looking Glass" - Ben's daughter Alex is complaining about the treatment that Ben has been giving her boyfriend Karl when this exchange occurs. I must admit that it is not a well remembered moment, but it makes me laugh all the same. Alex "You put my boyfriend in a cage and then you locked him in a room and tried to brainwash him!" Ben " I didn't want him to get you pregnant. I suppose I may have overreacted..."

#1 Episode 413 "Theres No Place Like Home part 2" - After almost four seasons of LOST and the survivors of 815 struggling with nature, fate, each other, The Others, a smoke monster, and now mercenaries from Charles Widmore we finally get a weird sort of freedom moment from Ben when talking to Richard Alpert. Sayid and Kate had teamed up with Richard to help save Ben from the mercenaries, and after they were successul Ben simply asks Richard what the arrangement was. When Richard says their freedom from the island, Ben replies "Fair enough, the helicopter is yours, You and Sayid have a safe journey back." When Kate asks if that is it, Ben replies "That's it." The man is always in control and it seemed like he was finally allowing the survivors there freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment