Monday, August 16, 2010

Got Glue? GetGlue!

Well it's been more than a little while since the last time I blogged here. I feel like I have been cheating on my blog by updating Twitter, blogging for the SD Fair, and generally just not having anything interesting to say. I plan to change that today. I have been applying for a ton of Social Media jobs and claiming my blog as an asset, time to make use of it once again.

While reading Mashable early last week I came across an article discussing websites and APPS for Social Media Check-Ins for when you are watching a movie or tv show, or playing a game, or reading a book, or listening to your favorite music. The website that really stood out to me through use is GetGlue. GetGlue is a website and iPhone/iPad app that lets you Check-In while doing one of the activities I listed above. Not only that you can "Like" or "Favorite" all those same things and earn Stickers or Badges for being a fan. How awesome is that! I have quickly become obsessed with earning cool stickers and discovering how to earn rare stickers by liking or checking in to certain items. Check it out for yourself at www.getglue.com. I have so far earned 30 stickers in just under a week. Here is a quick way you can earn 5 stickers for yourself.

#5 This sticker from Clash of the Titans (2010) can be earned by simply Checking In while watching the DVD of this movie.

#4 Fan of Entourage on HBO? Watch an episode and Check In to earn this badge. There are more badges for watching this show, I will leave those to you to discover.

#3 The sticker that set off my explosive obsession. I checked in while watching Scott Pilgrim on Friday and was surprised to earn this sticker. So cool!

#2 I earned this for watching the Season premiere of Weeds on Showtime. There are more badges for watching this show, I will leave those to you to discover.

#1 How cool is this? The fist-bump. Find yourself with another friend also on GetGlue? Head to their page and find 10 things they like that you also like, and you will earn this cool badge for both of you. How awesome is that?!

That's it for now. Check out the website for yourself and start earning some cool stickers. If you earn 7 they will even mail them out to you for free! I will be back later in the week on earning badges and stickers for Yelp, Foursquare, and Miso.

1 comment:

  1. The least tough way to customize foil sticker is to set up themes which integrate vinyl stickers they give absolutely a new sizing to the foil stickers and a complete new fashion declaration.

    ReplyDelete