Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Top 5 Idols from Season 8 Group One

Okay so last night we saw the first 12 of the Final 36 or Group One perform. Here is my Top 5 from last night. Let's see how America voted tonight.

#5 Anoop Desai. Anoop "Dog" was okay. The judges said he reminded them of a Brian McKnight. I like Anoop, but I'm not sure his performance was strong enough to resonate over some of the other performers from last night.


#4 Anne-Marie Boskovich. She did okay. She sang Aretha Franklin - Natural Woman, but it felt like I was at the Karaoke Bar on a Friday night and the hot secretary at my work got up in her work clothes after a few Mai Tais and belted this bitch out. It was nice, but not Idol worthy. Still she is smoking hot and her smile is amazing.

#3 Alexis Grace. I did not remember who this was until they showed her transformation from auditions to now. Again I did not really like her performance but compared to some of the trainwrecks these poor kids committed last night, she did an okay job. Alexis sang Aretha Franklin - Never Loved a Woman. Aretha got more love last night than that ribbon she wore at Obama's Inaugaration. #2 and #1 won me over on pure performance alone.


#2 Tatianna Del Toro. I really do not like drama queens. Which Tatianna is. With her hamming it up for camera time, scary smile and laugh, twisted two face personality, and over obsessive desire to be loved. Her narcissism is choking to watch. But last night Tatianna was Single White Female scary in her awesome delivery of Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You. I'll tell you what, this girl ALWAYS knows where the camera is.

#1 Danny Gokey. And finally the inspiration of the night, Danny lost his wife less then a year ago and we have seen him on his journey with his best friend Jamer since auditions. Danny is VERY likeable and showed last night that he has got the talent and the brass to move on. It was sad seeing nice kids just blow it last night, but I think that Danny might earn the #1 spot for boys from this group of kids. We shall see the results tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment