Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top 5 Things I would like to see go away

Okay so my first post on this new blog starts off with a little negative slant to it. These are the Top 5 stories I would like to see go away as soon as possible.

5. Michael Phelps caught smoking weed
Who cares? I found a few years ago that my parents still smoke weed and that shit blew my mind. But my roommates and friends all do it, and they are functioning adults in society. It's such a mainstream thing these days that I think this story needs to just stop.

4. Valentines Day
I don't hate Valentines Day. I don't love it either. I just want this fabricated holiday to go away. I feel like it's such a cash grab for retailers. Although buying flowers for a girl without a Valentine and seeing her face light up is a reward worth paying for.

3. Annoying American Idol contestants
I have to admit. In all my time working in Top 40 radio for years I never got sucked into this vapid soulless show. And then last year some girlfriends of mine had some viewing parties for a few weeks and I was hooked. Watching this year I find myself rooting for San Diegan Arianna Afsar who performed in the SD Fair Superstar contest that I ran last year. But I have been seeing less and less of this adorable talent and more of the top most annoying people to ever grace television. Nathanial Marshall who is an emo bitch douchebag and Tatiana Del Toro who is this side of talented enough to be tolerated by the AI judges. Vote that bitch off already!

2. Birthday's blown out of porportion
My 30th birthday was a sad and depressing affair and I would like to soon forget it. But I am sick and tired of people rallying up to celebrate this birthday or that and no one puts shit together for me. My problem is that most people look to me as a leader/planner and want to know what I want to do. You know what I want? Get drunk. Get laid. Watch cartoons. That's really it.

1. People losing jobs
I have been living with a poor job economy for the last 2 plus years so I can only imagine what it must be like right now for people out of work. I am working three jobs and want something new, but where would I go? Anyways I cannot wait for the economy to recover and people to start working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment