Friday, April 10, 2009

Top 5 Easter Candy

Okay so I am continually trying to find topics that I can do a Top 5 for. I find that I am never short on opinions, but finding 5 reasons to hate/like something is usually hard for me to come up with. Something near and dear to my heart and stomach is Easter Candy. Here is my Top 5 list of Easter Candy.

#5 - Whopper's Easter Eggs - Why these? I love these things. In fact I may only buy Whopper's once a year, and it's at Easter. Can only have them in small doses, because that Malt flavor gets to you after awhile.

#4 - Classic Chocolate Bunny - Really? It's classic. It has to be on this list. And who does not like a hunk of chocolate shaped like a bunny? Of course you have to start by biting the ears off. ;)

#3 - Cadbury Eggs - This is the original, every other flavor and incarnation is the imitator. And gross. Love these eggs, but if you have noticed they have gotten smaller over the last 10 years. Stop holding Cadbury! On that note, check out this fun game you can play on the Cadbury website with these eggs. Some of it is sick and twisted....bravo.

#2 - Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Eggs - I am a HUGE fan of chocolate covered marshmallows. And no matter what the holiday I find myself buying these things in some form or another. But it all got started with Easter and this box of Marshmallow eggs. My mom use to store them in the fridge because she liked them cold.

#1 - Peeps - Another marshmallow treat. Peeps are like the sun and the moon of Easter candy. They have infused themselves in other holidays like Christmas, Halloween, and St. Patricks Day but the originals were only available around Easter. My old roommate Megan had a way of eating these things. She would open the plastic and let the Peeps go stale for a day before devouring these treats. Me? I like em fresh. And I like to eat the heads first. The candy on this holiday is violent. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment