Friday, April 24, 2009

Top 5 San Diego Chargers 2009 Mock Draft

Okay, so I know next to nothing about the draft this year. As opposed to other years when I at least cared to follow the players, I think this year is kind of a bum year. What that means is that all the sizzle will be at the top, but the meat will be later in the draft. Being the Charger fan that I am I am going to make wild picks and see what happens tomorrow. Maybe I will be the next draft guru and get paid cash next year by ESPN.....yeah right. Here is my Chargers mock draft based on needs: (oh and this is in reverse order because this will be by pick)

#1 - First Round Pick 16 - Ziggy Hood DT. I think the Chargers need some push on the D-Line this year with a returning Shawne Merriman to help get our pass rush back in line. And this kids name is cool.

#2 - Third Round Pick 13 - LeSean McCoy RB. Okay so not picking in the second round is really going to hurt, and there is a good chance the Chargers will trade some of their later picks in the 4th for a spot in the second. But as we have seen with LT getting older, the Chargers need depth at Running Back. If this kid is still around, I could see him in the Blue and Gold.

#3 - Fourth Round Pick 13 - Ryan Durand Guard. Well we could always use more lineman. In fact if I ran a team my off season needs would always begin and end with my line. The trenches are where first downs are won and lost in the NFL.

#4 - Fourth Round Pick 33 - Xavier Fulton O-Tackle. Same thing as above, and yet this young man is actually ranked higher in draft status. But this is my draft.

#5 - Fourth round Pick 34 - Jeremy Childs Wide Receiver. Ah heck, its late in the draft already, take a flier on a wide receiver. Plus this kid is from Boise State where they throw a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment