Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's not so bad


The blog a day experiment is OVER! So why am I blogging so again so quickly? Because I love it. The last couple of years have been really trying and learning about who I want to be and basically learning how to enjoy life without money. But this year, even with a horrible economy and at least 20 people I know, including me, out of work, I find that the Holiday season is really enjoyable. I have not worked since July. And while that is frustrating, I have a great Severance package and Unemployment taking care of me and I really cannot complain about money. Plus all the side business I have been doing under the table that Uncle Sam will never know about. So Christmas this year I am not worried about how I am going to pay my bills, which really relieves a ton of stress. I don't have money to burn, but at least I know that I can buy gifts for a select few people, reach out by cards to those I can't, and still enjoy this Holiday season seeing friends and family. Plus I know that the SD Fair is FAST approaching again, and while I do not take my work there for granted, it's nice to know that if I don't find a job between now and January, I will still be able to work again and pay my bills. And I only have two more people to find gifts for on my Christmas list! That is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment